As we all are aware of the fact that the most awaited festival of the year is just around the corner and people can’t wait to create new memories with each other on this joyous festival. Yes, we are talking about the festival of bright colors Holi.
Holi is celebrated as an example of the victory of good over evil and hence on this festival, people forget all their grudges and exchange colors and sweets with each other as a sign of the start of the new and fresh and colorful bond between them. Although Holi brings a lot of happiness and joy to us at the same time it brings with it a lot of skin related problems too. Nowadays we know that organic colors are hard to find and which is why the colors leave behind their marks in the form of itchiness and redness and skin allergies.
But this problem can be combated by following certain simple basic tricks and you will enjoy the festival without any worry.
6 Skin and Hair Care Tips for Holi 2020
Following are some simple ways by which you can protect your skin from the harmful effects of colors:-
1. Try to wear such clothes that cover most of your body parts so that the least amount of color can reach your skin directly.
2. You can also apply oil or any lotion on the skin all over in order to prevent the color from getting stuck on the skin as the greasy layer of oil will not let color remain on the skin.
3. You should apply a good amount of oil in your hair too in order to protect the hair from colors as they too get affected a lot by them resulting in higher hair fall.
4. You can also apply vaseline or any good lip balm on your lips in order to protect them from the colors as colors will make it dry and look chapped.
5. Most importantly, in order to keep the skin hydrated and not let it dry, drink as much water as you can or keep taking juices from time to time in order to keep skin hydrated so that colors get washed away easily.
6. After playing Holi, you can use gram flour (Besant) and mix it with milk and make a thick paste and use it as a scrub to remove the colors easily.
So, these are some skin and hair care tips to stay safe this Holi 2020. Celebrate the festival with full joy and energy but be safe.